Recreate Active Directory database
Tran Hong Quang
2005-12-14 03:12:02 UTC
Hi,

I'm using Windows 2000 Adv. After power interrupted, I can not logon any
more. Below error message appear when windows boot up:

"The Windows Directory Service database could not be initialized and
returned error -550. Unrecoverable error, the directory can't continue."

I don't have many account to recover. I follows some instructions from
www.microsoft.com to recover/repair ntds.dit using ntdsutil, but all failed.
Error messages are:

Opening database [Current].*** Error: DBInitializeJetDatabase failed with
[database is inconsistent].

or

Performing soft recovery...Operation terminated with error -1213
(JET_errPageSizeMismatch, The database page size does not match the engine)
after 0.531 seconds.

I hear that I can remove and recreate Active Directory database. How about
that procedure?

Thanks
Tran Hong Quang

Sorry if i put question to wrong forum.